Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: Alien Figures

Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

From: ShldWulf@a...
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 02:09:22 EDT
Subject: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers?

Opps I'm wrong. According to Jane's:

"The first trial firing of an active MMW radar-guided AGM-114L Longbow
Hellfire 2 missile was carried out in early 1994, this version was
developed
for the AH-64D Longbow Apache helicopter. Low rate initial production
was
authorised in December 1995 and the Longbow Hellfire 2 entered service
in
1998. The US Army plans to purchase 12,905 AGM-114L missiles."

Which might explain why I never ran into them. The Apache units we
worked
with most of the time were just using standard (laser guided) Hellfires.

I don't recall working with any Longbow units.

Prev: Re: [DS] Why tank destroyers? Next: Alien Figures