Prev: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: [OT]Rogue Trooper Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry

RE: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II

From: Alderfek@a...
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 07:37:07 EDT
Subject: RE: [FT]Alternate Universes Pt II

<Hi Kirk,
These are all really well done! I do have to say, however, that the
"Sogfid Class Corvette"
looks awfully like a Games Workshop Space Marine backpack ;)
Also, when I looked at the site, the
"Reaper Class Heavy Dropship" picture didn't show up.
What material did you fabricate them out of?
Did you use any particular sculpting/carving techniques? >
Moocho thanks ! Well, your right about the Sogfid, but I plan
to modify it quite abit so it will be a changing. As for the images, I
dont know why they are doing that. I had to refresh the page at
least 4 times so that they all loaded. The Bobcat is made from parts
from a Starseige weapons pack. I have some fuel tank blisters I still
need to add to that yet. The Broadsword hull comes from pieces of an
old board game called Carrier Strike that I had when I was slightly
younger. The Excalibur is strictly built from PlasStruct and scrap model
parts. It has turned out to be one of my favorites and looks pretty
close
to the original design I did in '82.
The Lafayette is almost scratch-build. Main hulls are bass wood, with
the
plas-struct detail section and a smattering of old model parts. The
Legion class
comes from the left overs of a snap-tite model of Darth Mauls ship, just
with
the rear section cut away and various detail added. More to be added to
that.
The Raven, she be my pride and joy. If I could find my pictures of the
original model
I scratched out in '78 I would post them. She was a tall ship :) . Had
rotating turrets,
radomes,lights with fiber-optics. Anyway, I digress.
The Resolute I cobbled out of a Gundam beam cannon with misc kit parts
and
more PlasTruct. The Wraith class light carrier is made of cannibilized
micro-machine
AT-ATs,model parts and the engineering section is completely scratch.
 The Vigilance class is nothing but left overs from a Trek Klingon
V'orcha cruiser. I
made that for my youngest son who always complained I wouldnt let him
play with
my ship minis :)
 I am still hammering out weapon specs and drive systems from old notes
I did
15-20 years ago and trying to tweak them to work in a FT based system.
Dont worry
I will try to keep everyone informed on my progress and will hopefully
have my website
up and running soon.

Later,
  Kirk

PS: The hexes are 1.25"

Prev: Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry Next: [OT]Rogue Trooper Re: [DS] Genetically Enhanced Infantry