Prev: Re: Campaign Next: Re: Campaign

Re: Campaign

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:32:54 -0700
Subject: Re: Campaign

>True, but should distinguish between them--you don't want to be
cranking out
>ships at a rate of 1 BC per week, if you want to be realistic.

With a 1 turn = 1 week scale, I would think that a decent shipyard
could churn out 100 MUCr. of work on any 1 ship (though it could work
on more than 1 ship concurrently) per week.

Your average CH would take approx. 25-30 weeks to complete, while
destroyers could be produced at a ship per 3 months or so...

>This way you have trade, you have merchant shipping, you have a reason
not
>to base everything on one planet but rather to spread it around the
star
>system.

I'm not sure about that. It's still MOST advantageous to have
everything in one place, and simply makes players juggle the numbers
to make the elements match.

Likewise, abstract MUCr. makes trade simpler to manage. All you have
to do to encourage trade is to make income and production facilities
unequal. For example: a system with shipyards will almost certainly
need to import MUCr. in order to keep production at max capacity.
OTOH, a core system with high income and little production will, by
necessity, need to export MUCr.

Prev: Re: Campaign Next: Re: Campaign