Prev: Re: [mini] Pine Sol works Next: Re: [eBay] Start Trek fleet on eBay

Re: [eBay] Start Trek fleet on eBay

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:06:35 -0400
Subject: Re: [eBay] Start Trek fleet on eBay

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001 19:42:21 -0500, devans@uneb.edu wrote:

>Too bad he's got a reserve. I hate reserves.
>
>Good luck to anyone else, though. I'm assuming anyone who snags this
will
>be unloading some parts.

I hate reserves, too. I don't have any reserves on any of my auctions
(mostly
just Supremacy and Traveller stuff this time out, though I do have some
Ork
epic scale vehicles and 3 Eldar titans; nothing much GZG based right
now).

His stuff looks really good, but I think he'd probably have been better
off
selling it in parts. On the other hand, its so much easier to sell it
all at
once.

The problem is, a lot of people see "reserve" and just don't bid. You're
better off not putting in a reserve, just putting your reserve bid
amount as
your minimum, and off you go. The current bid is, like, $204.52. If the
reserve was $210, that bidder could possibly go that high, but chances
are
he's scared off now. *shrug* Just a matter of taste, I guess, but my
auctions
are doing quite fine with no reserves.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: [mini] Pine Sol works Next: Re: [eBay] Start Trek fleet on eBay