Prev: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix" Next: Re: OT: Anyone Going to Dragonflight in Seattle

Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: kaime@m...
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 02:04:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

-----Original Message-----
From: Laserlight <laserlight@quixnet.net>
To: gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Date: Saturday, August 18, 2001 1:12 AM

>I don't play the SV myself* but there are a couple of fixes that have
>been proposed and appear to have gotten consensus.  One was "reduce
>stinger range bands to 9mu instead of 12mu"; the other involved
>shifting which systems drew on which power pools--no doubt Beth or
>someone will post the solution shortly.

Yes, but those fixes stopped just short of being Canon, and I'm glad
they
did really.  I'd really like to see other options explored before the
Range
Band shifts due to ease of play and reducing the Sa'Vasku effectieness
far.  There may be other options that would keep the ranges universal
and
still allow for any 'balence problems' or other issues.

One of the main issues I have is that in my experience, more often than
not,
the ones wanting changes in the Sa'Vasku don't know things like how
Sa'Vasku
repairs work or other aspects of playing Sa'Vasku.  This is due to them
never have playing Sa'Vasku.  They say they are just so powerful, but
have
they tried to play them - changes things sometimes.

>* I know exactly what I'd want them to look like and there's not the
>faintest chance I'd ever get the paint to come out that way, so I
>avoid the problem, and don't anyone even *think* of suggesting I get
>Agis to...nope, nope, not going there...

I got very lucky and mine turned out like I wanted them to.  I even went
on
to make a 'Fleet Carrier' which is a huge space station like thing,
looking
'a lot' like a starfish.  It is as big as my hand.  I have about 12000
pts.
of these guys, plus little models for Leach pods and 24 fighter groups.
All
painted and ready to go.  Gathering dust due to a 'bad rep.'

Jon may remember me ordering them about two years ago or more from him
:) ..
My first true GZG FT fleet :)  .

Prev: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix" Next: Re: OT: Anyone Going to Dragonflight in Seattle