Prev: Re: More Thrust Next: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

From: kaime@m...
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 00:46:17 -0400
Subject: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"

Guys,

One thing I've noticed when seeing custom Sa'Vasku and where the biggest
problem seems to be, custom or not, with Sa'Vasku are with the larger
Sa'Vasku ships.  I have a huge Sa'Vasku fleet, and have p;ayed it with
FB 2
stats.	I and others have not noticed a problem too much.  But the
custom
Sa'Vasku other have played often cause claims of being unbalenced.

I have the start of an idea for a possible fix.  The bigger Sa'Vasku
ship
models have two, one might say three sections for carriers.  As a
balance
for the effectiveness of the larger Sa;Vasku ships, it could be that the
space critters must pay a base cost for the each extra segment grown.
The
extra segment is the result of it's growth into a bigger organism.  If
using
the 'Sa'Vasku are creatures that are growing into bigger ships idea,'
the
strike ships don't just get bigger, they change.  And at a specific
point
they start this new section or perhaps and go through a metamorphosis
like
insects.

Enough with the fluff I suppose.  An extra segment, representing a
threshold
for size classes, based on game balance, tells us the Sa;Vasku ships
should
cost more.  This is a one time threshold cost.	So to metamorphic into a
two
segment, or larger ship, a threshold cost of X should be paid.	To go to
carrier, with it's three sections has an additional second threshold
cost,
so one must pay for X and then pay X again.  Carriers may need to cost
more,
and they will cost C.  How much is X or C, that's still up in the air,
could
be just a set number or numbers or a cost based on the cost of the ship.

Just a thought, but I hate to see the Sa'Vasku not being played.  And
they
aren't in this area much due to the stigma of bing unbalenced.	And the
main
reason I see people having problems with the Sa'Vasku is when the
massive
ships and especially the custom ones are played.

Prev: Re: More Thrust Next: Re: Start For Sa'Vasku "Fix"