Prev: Re: DS2 AAR and questions Next: Re: Movies

Re: Movies

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:05:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Movies

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 04:06:10 +0200, "Bob DeAngelis" <bobdea@terra.es>
wrote:

>well said that man!!!!
>	  Superb film.. "high noon" in space. Probably the most
undersold and
>under rated film Connery ever made.. Very believable sci fi!!!

Ummm... except for the humans blowing up in a vacuum part. That cracked
me up.
(No, humans would NOT blow up in a vacuum. Skin can handle going from 15
pounds per square inch to zero. You would see blood vessels bursting in
the
eyes, probably in the lungs, etc. but not people blowing up like a
balloon.)

Actually, the most undersold movie he made was probably Zardoz.

An under rated movie called "The Beast" has just been released on DVD.
It's
about the crew of a Soviet T-62 in Afghanistan. I've only seen it once,
but
really enjoyed it at the time. I'd put it into the list of movies.

For the original poster, if you haven't seen it, rent "From The Earth To
The
Moon". It's 12 1-hour episodes, but well worth it!

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

"Now, see, if you combine different colours of light,
 you get white! Try that with Play-Doh and you get
 brown! How come?" - Alan Moore & Kevin Nolan,

Prev: Re: DS2 AAR and questions Next: Re: Movies