Prev: Re: movies Next: DS2 fire control modification

Re: Movies

From: thwaak <thwaak@p...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:14:34 -0700
Subject: Re: Movies

Bif Smith wrote:

> As for the sci-fi films, I would say all of them that involve space
ships or
> space battles. The only exception would be soilder, which is probably
the
> worst film I`ve ever seen (and that is saying something).

Two things:

1st: David Webb Peoples wrote Soldier. He was trying to blend his two
favorite
genre's: The Western and Sci-fi. Peoples wrote the script for both Blade
Runner, and Unforgiven (among many others). I think to that end, the
story
makes for a very solid case of a 'Western in Space'. Many people I have
spoken
with have said they didn't like Soldier, but once they understood what
the
movie was supposed to be about changed their minds. Additionally,
Peoples has
said that he often envisioned the world of Soldier to be the future of
Blade
Runner. The production manager for Soldier was sold on that idea and
even scrap
built a Blade Runner cop car that is part of the junk pile. If you are
watching
for it, it's not hard to miss.

2nd: I don't know why I'am thinking about this, but nobody has mentioned
'Enemy
Mine' on the Sci-fi movie list. Just thought I would throw it out there.

-Brent Wolke

Prev: Re: movies Next: DS2 fire control modification