Prev: Re: [FT] Ship movement and fast play Re: [FT] Fighter Balance Next: Re: Repost: Ronin War??

Re: [FT] Ship movement and fast play Re: [FT] Fighter Balance

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:24:45 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Ship movement and fast play Re: [FT] Fighter Balance

On 12-Jul-01 at 15:52, devans@uneb.edu (devans@uneb.edu) wrote:

> ***
> In Cinematic, a thrust-4 ship can dodge SMs quite well at speeds above
> 12mu/turn... that's only half the speed of a standard fighter. Do you
> consider this to be an extremely high speed?
> ***
>
> No, I do not. Maybe twice that would be what I'd so term. Half again
for
> merely high speed.
>
> Of course, a thrust-4 ship is not the slowest, and that would be
dodging
> how many salvos?
>
> So, you're telling me 12 or so is on the high end for the playtesting?

Oerjan is a big proponent of high speed, so I doubt 12 is anywhere
close to his high end.

The decisions and tactics have a much better feel at higher speeds.
That is, of course, IMNSHO.  Realize that since I normally play
FSE low speeds benefit me.  I still find high speeds more
satisfying.

Prev: Re: [FT] Ship movement and fast play Re: [FT] Fighter Balance Next: Re: Repost: Ronin War??