Prev: Re:(SG) Has anyone rated up these forces........ Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Balance

RE: [FT] Fighter Balance

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 09:20:28 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Fighter Balance

***
> > One thing I like to point out to my opponents who complain about
> > fighters.  One fighters squadron masses the same as 9 PDS's,
> > or 8 and a ADFC.  This doesn't help much in a one-off, but in
> > a game where you don't face random ships every time it can
> > make a big difference.
> >
> > Roger
> >

> Shouldn`t that be 7 PDS and 1 ADFCON?

I _thought_ an ADFC was 1 mass, but I could be
wrong.
***

It doesn't hurt your argument that much. 7-9 PDS's should have no
problem
dropping a squadron, unless you've discovered, as I have, Indy's and
Beth's
secret of mighty 'one'. ;->=

However, even in your repeated battle case, I'd have to give the fighter
squadron's flexibility, including 'bunching up' the opposition around
ADFC's, the edge. I find the morale rules an added step and
complication,
something to be avoided, but it looks to be a necessary balance to me.

Again, this tends to be in view of one who plays relatively slow
movement.
Natch, SML's keep me awake at night.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad

Prev: Re:(SG) Has anyone rated up these forces........ Next: Re: [FT] Fighter Balance