Prev: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR Next: Computer problems

Re: Rules Clarifications (new FAQ?)

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 05:23:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Rules Clarifications (new FAQ?)

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:

> be

> luck
> >
> >I think I mentioned that person would have
> >to have some official standing and it would
> >also be a good idea for that person to have
> >access to Jon . Somehow I don't think anyone
> >would be happy with my rulings, nor should
> >they. GZG must have tournament judges.
>
> Laserlight had it right. You didn't volunteer to
> ANSWER the questions; only
> to COMPILE them... No need for any "official
> standing" to do that.

First of all, though I like playing FT, and
have bought a fair number of ships and
rulebooks, I have no obligation to correct
it's problems, even the ones I point out.

Secondly, in order to make it work, the person
doing the compiling has to be able to do some
of the work. Such a person would have to know
Jon and intercept some questions he already
knows have been answered by Jon or ruled on at
a tournament so that by the time Jon looks them
over, they're probably already right. I think
this is a job for someone in the UK. If GZG
has any employees other than Jon, they might be
a better choice.

Third, I just don't have the time. If I took
this on, I'd have to give up actually playing
full thrust and that would be somewhat
counterproductive.

But thanks for the job offer anyway ;-)

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR Next: Computer problems