Prev: Re: NIFT Stealth II Trial AAR Next: RE: Photos (was:Re: New IF ships)

RE: check those numbers...

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 07:04:11 -0400
Subject: RE: check those numbers...

Ryan is correct.

You are limited to a number of weapons equal to the vehicle size (not
counting the free APSW).

In DS2, Wheeled, Grav, Tread etc. have different movement rates and
terrain
limitations. This is abstracted out in SG2. A direct conversion would
have
vehicles zipping across the SG board at 60, 100, 120 or even 150" a turn
(not counting VTOL or aerospace).

DS2 also makes some adjustment in the type of powerplant required for
certain movement types and weapons (as Ryan indicated). And points try
provide some balance as well (but the system needs adjusting).

-----
Brian Bell
-----