Prev: Re: check those numbers... Next: Re: New IF ships

Re: check those numbers...

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 15:16:18 -0400
Subject: Re: check those numbers...

At 12:02 PM -0700 7/6/01, David L. Dunn - DLD Productions wrote:
>Hi all.
>Need some help here.  Dunno if I'm doin' it right, but I'm designing
>a vehicle,
>and want to put some stats to it.  This is before I finish designing
>the model,
>so I know what to put on it, and what not to.	Here goes:
>Class 2
>10 Cap
>Ar Val=2
>GAC/2 turreted=6
>HEL/1=2
>GMS/L=2
>	      10 Cap used.

You have a size 2 vehicle with 3 weapons plus the "free" APSW. Too
many weapons.

>The rule book doesn't state anything about point capacities for
>wheeled, tracked
>feathered, so how does one justify designing a vehicle that is wheeled,
verses
>one
>that is Grav?
>Does it just happen?	I know all vehicles have a basic move of 12" but
how
>does, or would, or should one pay for a Grav type vehicle verses a
>wheeled type
>vehicle, in the designing stage?
>Tanks.... for the help! ;-)

In DS the points system takes into account weapon size and type as
consumers (or not) of power (HELs and Gauss type weapons need a
certain size) and the speed/type of vehicle motive system as a
consumer of power. In SG points are superfluous. Apply the logic to
the force. NAC fast reaction forces use wheeled and fast hover. NAC
heavy units (IMHO) use tracked in some cases and fancy stuff uses
GRAV.

If you have mercenaries, then GRAV (OU Mercs) or Hover (LLAR Mercs).

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: check those numbers... Next: Re: New IF ships