Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out Next: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out

Re: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:54:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out

> I'm still new to Stargrunt but I've done a lot of study of infantry
> and armour tactics so I'll take a stab at some of this. Mostly I'm
> thinking in real principles here and trying to get 'game' and 'real'
> to meet in the middle.

Might depend on how disabled and what opposition is.  If it's a lucky
with
with IAVR on a tread and there are machine gun rounds boucing off my
hull, I
might be inclined to stay put; if it's a penetrating hit and something's
on
fire, I'll be more inclined to teleport out even if it's into someone's
fire
lane.

IIRC an M1 in Iraq was disabled (stuck in mud) and accounted for three
Iraqi
tanks before the recovery vehicles managed to get it unstuck.

> A correct anti-armour drill by a pair of teams would have a SAW and a
> GMS system of some sort (perhaps IAVRs) destroying/damaging it. The
> bailing out crew is then shot by an additional SAW team.

Assuming that your SAW doesn't have something more interesting to do in
the
meantime--tank crew wouldn't be high on my list of things to worry
about.

Prev: Re: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out Next: RE: [SG2] Vehicle Bail Out