Prev: Re: New IF ships Next: Re: Scratchbuilding Vehicles

Re: New IF ships

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 08:33:25 -0500
Subject: Re: New IF ships

***
The Curmudgeonly Beast said:
***

Especially as the curmudgeon refers to a 'crusty, old man' who now
apologizes for not noticing the designs you had up were NOT asym.

Laserlight sez:
***
We had a test battle to try out some of Noam's experimental systems; I
had
some asymetrical designs with stealth, the other player had faster
ships.
One of the most interesting battles I've had--I really had to pay
attention
to turning and rotating, while trying to keep in the margin where I had
him
in range while staying outside his range (reduced by stealth).
***

Oooo... Sounds like it would be a GREAT AAR! If you get the records from
Noam, please do give one a go; if not, any idea of the distribution of
ships(the designs you've posted before, right?) and where those ships
fit
into your battle plan would be of interest.

I always envisioned fast flank riders that would swing across the front,
then back the other side, before TOO damaged, to again cover the flanks.
Of
course, no idea if FT's movement system would work, the way it didn't,
too
well, for the Thatch Weave.

***
It would have been even better if I'd won... :-)
***

Well, a well-fought loss is better than a dull win, but all other things
being equal... ;->=

***
BTW Noam, if you have the records for that battle handy, I'd like copies
***

Noam, I wouldn't mind a carbon to devans@uneb.edu, unless you decide to
do
the AAR yourself.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: Re: New IF ships Next: Re: Scratchbuilding Vehicles