Prev: RE: Scratchbuilding Vehicles Next: Re: New IF ships

Re: New IF ships

From: "Chris DeBoe" <LASERLIGHT@Q...>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:05:29 -0400
Subject: Re: New IF ships

The Curmudgeonly Beast said:
> I'd suggest he offer you names for the ships-in-class you can use for
> whatever you come up with for 'standard' load outs, and he can keep
his
> names for the asym variants, though a mention in the notes of such
variants
> would be a nice tip-o-the-hat. ;->=
>
> I know I'd like to try the asym in heat of battle.

We had a test battle to try out some of Noam's experimental systems; I
had
some asymetrical designs with stealth, the other player had faster
ships.
One of the most interesting battles I've had--I really had to pay
attention
to turning and rotating, while trying to keep in the margin where I had
him
in range while staying outside his range (reduced by stealth).

It would have been even better if I'd won... :-)

BTW Noam, if you have the records for that battle handy, I'd like copies
mailto:laserlight@quixnet.net

Prev: RE: Scratchbuilding Vehicles Next: Re: New IF ships