Prev: [TV] Governmental issues RE: Size Class Escalation -- How high in Mass? Next: RE: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass

RE: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:05:04 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Robot workersRe: Why superships cost more per mass

> However, this is still mostly guesswork, and YMMV is still highly
> operative. I'd have to say the current thread on corruption in ship
> construction is VERY speculative, unless I missed ANYONE declaring
their
> expertise in the area.

Since I started it I'll comment... <g>

I was mainly viewing it as less "corruption" and more "pork" to tell the
truth, I think that that point is valid more so than as "corruption".
However, there is also a fine line between the two <g>

Once again, there is a less fine line between "maximizing profitability"
and
"charging the market price" to "sticking to the government because we
can"
(remember those $900 toilet seats, and $500 wrenches back in the 70's or
80's?) I would guess that it happens more than we know but less often
than
we are afraid of...

Hope the point is clarified. <g>