Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks Next: Re: [FT] ST Alternatives Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

[FT] ST Alternatives Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:33:50 -0500
Subject: [FT] ST Alternatives Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks

David:
***
Yes, the Micromachine constitutions are the right
scales, but most of the rest of their ships aren't.
The defiant is too big (as is voyager). The excelsior
is too small. The galaxy is WAY too small. The
ambassador is way too small, etc. There is no
consistency.
***

Well, there is consistency: they all take up about the same space in an
MM
package. ;->=

Beyond that, I'd point out that even GZG-FT figs break down here and
there;
I have trouble imagining 24 of the fighters fitting in almost any
carrier(the NSL big T is one HONKER) and still have room for the crew,
weapons, power plants, etc., indicated.

Flying an MM Galaxy next to an MM Excelsior is a bit jarring, but I can
live with it. Putting a six-plus inch ship amongst the less than three
inchers, unless it's a juggernaught in a mostly straight line across the
table, seems a bit awkward. I just wish they didn't WARP so easily, and
don't mean go to translight.

Giving differences in peoples' tolerences to visual conundrums and
desires
for ease-of-play, it's a very big YMMV.

Oh, just saw your post on the piccies. BIG thanks! I recognized one of
the
Jovian Chronicles ships, but not the other one. As an aside, I've been
noticing the resin ships on eBay you mentioned; glad I didn't get in
your
way. ;->=

Don:
***
> I talked Drew Bergstrom into making the Falcon Frigate
> and  he is now making fighters for the 3 major Star Trek
> races. I would like to see a proper sized defiant done next,
> what do you think?
***

You have my thanks! I don't know if anyone agreed to the Maquis ship as
the
Fed fighter, but I'd like it. Likewise, a Jem Ha'dar would make my day.
have GOT to get that man some money!(Yes, you've heard THAT before.)

Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks Next: Re: [FT] ST Alternatives Re: [FT]Star Trek rules - BIG thanks