Prev: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:55:06 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

At 8:03 AM -0700 6/26/01, David Griffin wrote:

>Yes, but if you want the fastest possible ID,
>a fighter that can go 24" (or even 36") in any
>direction is a pretty seductive asset isn't it?

But that fighter is only going to give you a visual ID. No active
scans mind you. Thats what a dedicated Scout with Enhanced or
Superior active sensors and/or a SWACs is for....

>But even if we use regular scouts, that works too.
>Might even equip them with superior sensors. If
>the enemy destroys them, that's proof of their
>intentions.

But that still leaves you in an information void. What if they were
intercepted by fighters? Could there be a carrier there? Were they
intercepted by smaller vessels that have area defense?

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day