Prev: Re: Fighter Customization Rules Next: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:52:41 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

At 7:31 AM -0700 6/26/01, David Griffin wrote:
>In this kind of scenario, you'd probably actually
>want ... gulp... scouts? Basically expendable ships
>who could go see what those bogeys were so they
>could be engaged?

Or, ...gasp... small frigates, destroyers and such to act as longer
ranged sensor pickets!

Sensor rules that are sophisticated and introduce more chances for
role-playing or at least fog of war are much more interesting in the
game I think.

>I wonder too given the invulnerability of fighters
>to anything but other fighters or Kra'vak scatterguns
>(until they attack) whether they wouldn't be the right
>vehicle for sensor scouts. They could be fitted with
>sensors instead of guns and scout ahead of the fleet.

Thats why I have a Vandenburg Cruiser variant with a 2 fighter hanger
for acting as scouts. Just like in the days of Coal Bunkers and
primitive wireless communication....

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Fighter Customization Rules Next: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]