Prev: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG] Next: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:52:01 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT]Sensors and Sensibility[LONG]

True, but then why would you have scouts? Yes. scouting other systems
without endangering a carrier. And inter-system communication (courier
duties). I would prefer NOT to see fighters used in this way. I would
prefer
to give the picket duties to CTs or FFs.

I always assumed that the primary duty of the BDN and SDN fighter groups
was
to screen the BDN or SDN *from* other fighters and missiles (with only a
secondary roll as an attack asset). Keeps you from having to bring a
carrier
to _every_ duty of the BDN or SDN.

Makes me wish, once again, that there were more people in my area that
played FT. It would give me an excuse to use the 20 or so scouts I have.

-----
Brian Bell
-----