Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?

Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

From: Jaime Tiampo <fugu@s...>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 09:51:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku Weapons of the Day

Charles Taylor wrote:

> Well, something like this has already been suggested and discussed
some
> time ago, have a search of the archive with 'bjorg assimilation pods'
> Probably worth taking a look at some of the alternate boarding party
> rules out there as well.

I know. I'm the one that created them. At the time though we never came
to any consensus and I dropped it till I could work something that
wasn't too powerful but still simple. This is a rework.

> > Deployable Armour:
> >
> > Mass: 5% of total mass minimum 2 mass.
> > Cost: Mass x 6
> > Energy: Mass x 1 from D pool

> PSB question - what does this represent - I have an image of an SV
ship
> with a layer of armour _crawling_ over its surface (like a big slug)
:-)

Well this was originally a human idea, based on the final episode of
Voyager having that anti borg deployable armour. Put out the idea and
but had some real problems with it. I went on vacation (if you can call
it that) and did some thinking. As one point I thought, "Humans get all
the neat toys and I'm moving towards sa'vasku, why not work it with
them. Balancing will be easier with the simpler sa'vasku system and the
powergenerators."

What I invision for the S is ridges that run along the ships that are
the generators. When powered they create a solid field in between them.
It's like shutters closing on a window. Since the field is solid nodes
can't rotate and weapons would only be able to fire in their "straight
ahead" direction.

Prev: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules? Next: Re: [FT]Star Trek rules?