Prev: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT] Unpredictable AI) Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.Donald@a...>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:25:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT]Unpredictable AI)

Here are some quick thoughts on these questions.

Just treating each squadron as a ship seems simple to me...how do you
handle
haveing 28 ships on the table then?  Whats a few more?	The data sheet
for a
squadron seems much simpler than the simplest ship's data sheet anyway.

Dogfights -- one turn only...that is if neither side wishes to match
direction/velocity with the other, or stop.  If one wishes to, then the
dogfight continues.  If both wish to, they both stop right there and
continue
the dogfight.

Fighters attacking ships -- The fighters get to attack a ship, if, (1)
it is in
range of the squadrons weapons, and (2) it is in the squadron's fire arc
(if
important).  Then make your normal attack rolls, ect.

(I never understood why fighters needed their own move segment, their
own
attack segment, their own move system, ect.  Seems much simpler to treat
them
as very small ships -- Which is what they are anyway.)

Donald Hosford