Prev: RE: Small Ships--Why? Next: Re: Small Ships--Why?

Re: Small Ships--Why?

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:20:42 +0200
Subject: Re: Small Ships--Why?

Peter C. wrote:

>I added a house rule that extends the lifespan of "high-thrust" ships.
>
>  Thrust 6-7 ships are more difficult to hit.
>  Attacker receives a -1 penalty to die roll.
>
>  Thrust 8 ships are really difficult to hit.
>  Attacker receives a -2 penalty to die roll.
>
>  Note: A roll of a 6 ALWAYS hits.
>
>I've been playing with this house rule for years and it seems to do the
trick.

My Survivor fleet would love those house rules. Their slowest ships are
the
dreadnoughts and bigger, at a measly thrust 6... most of the ships are
thrust-8 or -10.

FWIW, a -1 to a beam die roll gives the same effect as a level-2 screen;
-2
is equivalent to the level-3 screens in FT2. Quite impressive, really.

Regards,

Oerjan

oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: Small Ships--Why? Next: Re: Small Ships--Why?