Prev: RE: [DS] Steve Gibson's Infantry Expansion (was: [FT] Traveller Fighter Groups) Next: RE: [ft] Fighter Momentum Conservation (was: [OT] Unpredictable A I)

RE: [FT] Unpredictable AI

From: "Bell, Brian K (Contractor)" <Brian.Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:55:27 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] Unpredictable AI

For game play, it doesn't really matter if the fighters are manned or AI
driven.

Both are going to be trained/programmed with some degree of survival
instructions. The human because he wants to come home again. The AI,
because
it can usually do more damage over time if it does not press a bad
attack
and makes a better attack later (also, the government has some
investment in
the fighter and it is not costed as a one-shot weapon). So the morale
rules
work as they stand.

If you want to reprogram AI to ignore threats to itself, then PDS and
interceptors should have a better chance against them. I know that the
SV
drones do not face this penalty, but PSB could be applied to explain it
(millions of years of combat have given them better avoidance instinct
than
we can program into AIs). Also the SV have less invested in each fighter
(kill all you want, we'll grow more).

Anyway my 2 credits worth.

-----
Brian Bell