Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:55:17 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Unpredictable AI

<books@mail.state.fl.us>
> wrote:
>
> >The first suggestion  I expect to hear is "no morale rolls", in this
> >case fighters are truly overwhelming from any viewpoint.
>
> I was going to suggest that... :-) Of course, fighters aren't "truly
> overwhelming" in high speed vector games. Well high speed games of any
type.
> Get the speeds up and you can kiss fighters goodbye as a problem.

This is what stumped me about fighters. Am I correct in that they move
'cinematic' in vector games? In that they retain no speed vector? It
strikes me as really silly if I boost my carrier up to speed 35, I
launch
my fighters, and immediately leave them in the dust behind me? Isn't
there a reasonable fix to this, or did I entirely misunderstand the
subject at hand?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7MvnvJXH58oo6ncURAmaSAJ9OxhsNYeA4Pf6ol9YUJPJXsJphxQCfWgsF
zUV/CLS2DiT+TIaR2gz+Oyc=
=cL3d

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI