Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI

Re: Sa'Vasku

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:59:04 +0200
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku

Alan Brain wrote:

>..and may I also suggest that to put some limit on roll-your-own ships,
>that stinger nodes are only capable of handling 32 pts of energy each.
>This will still give em a range of 54" of course...
>
>This makes the FB-2 ships more useful, as otherwise why would any
>SV ship have more than 2 stingers - one spare in case of damage.

Because a single stinger can only attack a single target per turn. Never

been in a situation where you want to split your fire rather than spend
32+
beam dice on killing a single corvette?

And, of course, if you play Cinematic you usually want more than an
180-degree arc of fire. Sure, the SV are usually maneuverable enough to
keep any single stinger pointing towards the enemy (particularly if it
is
offset-arced), but that maneuverability costs power which could have
been
used for firepower had you invested in another Stinger :-/

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI Next: Re: [FT] Unpredictable AI