Prev: Support the Origins Awards! Next: Re: Sa'Vasku

RE: Sa'Vasku

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 23:10:18 +0100
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku

In message <20010620154007.58906.qmail@web9602.mail.yahoo.com>
	  David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Two tactics that seemed to work pretty well
> on me were loads of leech pod launchers and
> loads of Savasku fighter squadrons. I suspect
> there is more than one way a customized
> Savasku ship can be made to be extra frightening.
> I have also been skewered at extreme range by
> lots of power and stingers, but it didn't make
> me feel as helpless as the other tactics did.

Well, I've yet to try playing Sa'Vas'Ku (or opposing them) - but Leech
pods do strike me as a bit sadistic.

I've though out two possible tactics,
firstly, use them to 'pin down' damage control parties - after you push
one of your opponent's big ships through a threshold (and they lose some
systems, preferably important ones) pepper them with leeches - they have
to use their DCPs to kill the leeched, and so don't repair until later.

secondly, this is a bit risky, and rather nasty; target smaller ships
with 1 or 2 leeches, they probably won't have enough DCPs to
successfully remove them, and the leeches could well eat an entire
frigate or destroyer in a few rounds, as well as causing thresholds
pretty well every round. Leave the ship to suffer.
The risky bit is the ship does take a few rounds to die, and _can_
attack back :-)

Charles

Prev: Support the Origins Awards! Next: Re: Sa'Vasku