Prev: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC Next: RE: Sa'Vasku

RE: Sa'Vasku

From: Shawn M Mininger <smininger@y...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 08:10:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: Sa'Vasku

AMEN brother, believe me, having the Sa'Vasku
allocation all power to thier stingers and out
shooting you is no fun.  Almost impossible to
beat......almost.  I find this is much more of a
problem with custom ships then the ones out of FB2.
The ones out of the book are actually a blast to play,
especially against Kra'Vak.  Custom ships....well, it
doesn't take a brainiac to figure out the best tactic
is a massive amount of power and a few stingers.

I think that these changes go a good way toward better
balancing things.

--- "Robertson, Brendan"
<Brendan.Robertson@dva.gov.au> wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 20, 2001 3:45 PM, Jaime Tiampo
> [SMTP:fugu@spikyfishthing.com] wrote:
> > Beth Fulton wrote:
> > > It solves a lot of problems, but I'd also
> suggest you use the other
> > > modifications Brendan mentioned (spicules from
> defense pool, pods from
> > > repair pool) as well.
> > I can understand the range limits, the spicules
> but I don't get the pod
> > change. Is it just to balance things more or is
> there reasoning behind
> > it. Pods, since grown come from the repair pool
> like drones.
>
> For the pods, it's partly the biomass usage that
> suggests it should come out
> of repair.  It's more important when you have
> fighters and missiles flying
> around.  Does the SV keep some power available to
> launch interceptor pods or
> try to kill the mothership?  Leaving the pods in
> attack pool removes any
> chance fighters/missiles have of getting in a
> meaningful strike.
> As per FB2 rules, anyone can win with SV by simply
> allocating all power to
> stinger nodes and simply outshoot the enemy.	Making
> these minor changes
> supplies a challenge to the SV player to overcome.
>

> 'Neath Southern Skies -
> http://home.pacific.net.au/~southernskies/
> [MKW2] Admiral Peter Rollins - Task Force Zulu-Beta
> [FITS-DP] World Cup Team: Australia II

=====
Thank You,

Shawn M Mininger

Prev: Re: [sg] Bagpipers, NAC Next: RE: Sa'Vasku