Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: RE: [OT] NKE's

Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:20:36 EDT
Subject: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:04:33 -0400 (EDT) Roger Books
<books@mail.state.fl.us> writes:
>On 18-Jun-01 at 01:23, Derek Fulton (derekfulton@bigpond.com) wrote:
>> At 12:27  18/06/01 -0400, you wrote:
>> >Very good point. I haven't bought any figures "sight unseen". I
>have
>> >either seen the figures myself, or had recommendations by people.
>On the
>> >other hand, I also want to see the pictures. I won't buy figures
>from a
>> >line I trust, even, if I can't see what I'm buying. For one thing,
>I want
>> >to know that a ship, figure, vehicle, etc. listed in the catalogue
>is what
>> >I think it is.
>>
>> Back before the internet, and when there was only mail order via sea
>unless
>>  you really wanted to pay the cost of airmail. We would order a few
>> miniatures to look them over.
>
>But now we are odering off the internet and they have the
>capability of pictures.
>
>Not to be harsh, but if a company doesn't put pictures of what
>they are selling on the net I feel safe making the assumption
>they don't want to show me their product.  If they don't
>want me to see it I don't want to buy it.
>
>Roger

I agree with Roger, and yes, I missed the 'perfect' 25mm figure from
Irregular (Finally saw it on the net  (*but* not the Irregular site))
and
said "That's what I wanted!" but since I already had filled that hole
with an /adequate/ substitute - no sale.

When I redo my (Changing 25mm to 6mm) NKE/foes armies It will almost
certainly be Baccus because the Irregular sites *Still* doesn't have
pictures of what I want (last time I could get on a browser and look)
and
Peter does.  That simple.  YMMV.

[OT!!!! OT!!!!] Anybody want some 25mm NKE's?  Write me off line.  Ral
Partha and Hinchcliffe figures.

Gracias,
Glenn/Triphibious

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!

Prev: Re: [OT] What makes a good miniatures web site Next: RE: [OT] NKE's