Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 09:31:49 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

On 14-Jun-01 at 09:26, David Griffin (carbon_dragon@yahoo.com) wrote:

> --- Roger Books <books@mail.state.fl.us> wrote:
> >
> > I don't worry, until their ideas cause them to
> > want to change to rule to fit the way they think
> > it should be.  For example wanting all beam weapons
> > to be able to fire at fighters or no beam weapons
> > to be able to fire at fighters because it doesn't
> > fit their reality.	It balances nicely now, that
> > section doesn't need tweaking.
>
> I was with you up to that last part. And it will
> be up to GZG whether this sort of thing is possible
> in FBIII (if and when it's published). I'm sure
> it will be balanced either way.
>
> I was under the impression that offering suggestions
> for FBIII is one of the charters of this group. It
> is a resource, is it not, for GZG to use as part of
> their continuing evolution of the FT game.

I feel what is there currently is balanced.  It is
my opinion that changing this will swing the balance
and mess up the game.  Therefore I am going to argue
against this change.

A "point of view" might be helpful here.  We play
campaigns.  We don't play many one-offs.  Our ships
are all designed to handle the high number of fighters
and SMs seen.  PDSs and ADFCs work fine for this.
I don't want to see fighters go away in our campaign,
and that is what weakenning fighters and missiles will do.

Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?