Prev: Re: 2nd CanAm Next: Re: 2nd CanAm

Re: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:25:33 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] ADFC Re: Painting FT models

--- Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> In the case of the Ark Royal, it came with a metal
> stand but I decided that two plastic stands were
> more stable. It also frees up a metal stand for
> another miniature.

One of our members (kaime on this list too) hooked
me on the washer, nail technique for creating
virtually endless tough, good looking metal
stands. And the tips never break off in the model.

You just take a wide washer with a hopefully narrow
hole, glue a nail upside down, prime and paint black
with something like Krylon spray. It ends up with
a nice, good looking, durable finish and it's
very rugged.

I only use those GZG stands on special occasions
(like UN miniatures with absurdly long vertical
wings).

Prev: Re: 2nd CanAm Next: Re: 2nd CanAm