Prev: Re: [LST] Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: [LST] Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

2nd CanAm

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@f...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:28:11 -0400
Subject: 2nd CanAm

1) If you use NI or IF, you've got some issues.
No official designs. If you start allowing non-
official designs, people will want quite a variety
of ships (esp if they're stuck with a NAC fleet!).

2) Who is going to play in your CanAm? :)
I'm only half way kidding. Last year, some of us
stepped up at the last minute because the
Canadian FT players couldn't make it (Mr. Han,
your papers please!). But Adrian and I were out
of our element and Jim was graciously acting as
filler. It showed. I believe, despite their crushing
victory, the US side would have had much more
fun playing a game that was a) better balanced
(by having a bit more worthy opposition!) and
b) playing against people more familiar with FT.
Jerry doesn't really like competitive games,
which meant he probably wouldn't have played
CanAm anyway. Are there Canadian FT players
who can and will (with a reasonable degree of
surety) be attending ECC-V? If not, perhaps you
might run a non-CanAm event. You can run the
same style of battle, but it just won't be CanAm.

I've taken my lumps once and realized that FT
isn't my primary game. Further, I don't do
cinematic (I fly as bad in cinematic as Jim did in
vector and it isn't for lack of playing... I just
can't seem to get it). I'll play FT if its part of a
campaign (such as at CampCon), but I must
admit to having not much interest in one off.

I'm more than happy to see a reprise if some
Canadian FT players will make the trip down. :)

Just my 0.02. (And BTW, thanks for running
CanAm 1 - it was very fun). I'll be at ECC-V
barring Act of God, but I might not run much. I
kinda found out I enjoy playing :)

<Though, with the new FMASk rules in playtest
now, I'd be quite happy to run an FMASk
CanAm. I think Jon's new rules are going to be
a smash hit!>