Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: Painting FT models

Re: Painting FT models

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:08:21 -0500
Subject: Re: Painting FT models

***
Ah... I seem to have received plastic bases, as opposed to the lead ones
you describe. I guess lead ones are more stable? Where do you get the
lead
bases from?
***

In the US only, I think.

Geo-Hex produced 'em, and I think KR's now shipping with the plastic
bases,
though the metal ones are still available, I think.

Personally, I think they are pretty good, given they are slightly bigger
than the plastic, and draw the center of gravity down, as well as having
the twelve-point rosette. You also get the offset four fire arcs if you
want to do original FTII. ;->=

As an aside, I've broken too many plastic posts on ships not to question
them, too.

***
Still doesn't quite solve the transport question, though?
***

Have you tried cutting a slit into a foam roughly thick as the base post
is
high? The ships can be pushed in, with the body of the ship above, and
the
base below.

However, if you go with the inner/outer post scheme, you can just punch
both parts into the foam.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: Painting FT models