Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: Painting FT models

Re: Painting FT models

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:48:26 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Painting FT models

On 13-Jun-01 at 08:43, Derk Groeneveld (derk@cistron.nl) wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Roger Books wrote:
>
> > Is there an FT painting FAQ?  We really need one as this is asked
often.

> Whoops. I now recall having seen this pop up... Before I got FT figs,
so I
> didn't pay much in the way of attention.
>
> > I go down to the hobby store and buy square brass tubing such that
> > one fits tightly inside the other.	(Actually, the outer is tubing,
> > the inner is channel).  I drill into the mini a bit and epoxy the
> > smaller to the mini.  I epoxy the larger to one of the big lead
> > bases.  That makes transport in a tackle box with a piece of foam
> > easy.  I also have a couple of bases which are horribly out of line
> > from when I first started this.  Those are my painting bases.
>
> Ah... I seem to have received plastic bases, as opposed to the lead
ones
> you describe. I guess lead ones are more stable? Where do you get the
lead
> bases from?

They come with the big ships but you can also pick them up seperately.

> Still doesn't quite solve the transport question, though?

I'm playing FSE so I just cut a little slot in a piece of foam and
stick the brass tubing through the hole.  I only have 10-15mm extruding
from each ship.

I am going to have to figure out something different for my ST ships
and my UNSC stuff.

Prev: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance? Next: Re: Painting FT models