Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?

Re: Painting FT models

From: Derk Groeneveld <derk@c...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:43:15 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: Painting FT models

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Roger Books wrote:

> Is there an FT painting FAQ?	We really need one as this is asked
often.

Whoops. I now recall having seen this pop up... Before I got FT figs, so
didn't pay much in the way of attention.

> I go down to the hobby store and buy square brass tubing such that
> one fits tightly inside the other.  (Actually, the outer is tubing,
> the inner is channel).  I drill into the mini a bit and epoxy the
> smaller to the mini.	I epoxy the larger to one of the big lead
> bases.  That makes transport in a tackle box with a piece of foam
> easy.  I also have a couple of bases which are horribly out of line
> from when I first started this.  Those are my painting bases.

Ah... I seem to have received plastic bases, as opposed to the lead ones
you describe. I guess lead ones are more stable? Where do you get the
lead
bases from?

Still doesn't quite solve the transport question, though?

Cheers,

   Derk
Version: GnuPG v1.0.4 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Made with pgp4pine

iD8DBQE7J1/oJXH58oo6ncURAv5TAJsEUXdLe9TVOUwVD6Kf3xMc9y8vXgCfX3nZ
alyeG/C8WZNDDL3dlGr5Tak=
=z97e

Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: [FT] Should all Beams fire at fighters/ordinance?