Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: Painting FT models

Re: Painting FT models

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 08:39:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting FT models

Roger Books wrote:

> On 13-Jun-01 at 07:44, Derk Groeneveld (derk@cistron.nl) wrote:
> >

> > Hi folks,
> >
> > just got the samples I ordered, and am contemplating their painting.
What
> > I'm curious about is, how do you people paint them? Do you mount
them on
> > the stands and paint them while so mounted? Do you mount them on
something
> > else, during painting?
> >
> > I would guess the stand would get paint-splotched during painting,
which
> > would seem a shame. But holding the model itself during painting
would
> > only result in a lot of metal showing through, I'm afraid.
> >
> > Oh, and on a somewhat similar issue, how do you transport them? I
base all
> > my figures on magnetic bases for transport and storage, but I doubt
this
> > would work with the FT models on their long spindly stands.
>
> Is there an FT painting FAQ?	We really need one as this is asked
often.

One FT Painting FAQ, at your request!  :-)

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3565/ft-painting-faq.html

The info in there is a few years old (at least with respect to my
posted response; I've changed my ESU scheme from the metallic maroon
to olive/dk green. The UNSC ships weren't out at the point the FAQ
was put together, but I've done all mine in Ral Partha's Paladin Blue,
with some of the fiddly bits highlighted in a lighter blue or metallic
color (engines I paint gunmetal metallic and blood red).

As for transporting things, this has come up a few times in the past.
THere's probably a thread or three in the archives, but for a quick
answer, people do it differently. I use gun cases and carve out a
likeness of each ship in the foam.

Prev: Re: Painting FT models Next: Re: Painting FT models