Prev: Re: [FT] Proposal - Weapons Design System Concept Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: Charles Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 00:31:29 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

In message <00cd01c0ef00$eabf06c0$02cd6441@jeremy>
	  "Jeremy Seeley" <jseeley2@qwest.net> wrote:

> All this talk about scale in FT has reminded me to post some questions
> the list.
>
> I am writing a GURPS campaign that uses Full Thrust for the space
combat...
> nothing too different.
>
> However, there is a twist to it.  It is reminiscent of the SPELLJAMMER
stuff
> from the AD&D days.  Basically, I am planning to use enchanted items
as the
> technology (i.e. use magic items for all of the ship systems).
Granted, it
> being enchanted items, the mass will have to be tweaked (i.e. how big
is a
> ballista?).
>
> My question is, what scale should I use for mass?  Assuming "ancient"
ships
> (galleons, viking ships, etc), what would I mass them at?  That is the
> initial question, because after that it would not be too hard to plug
in the
> rest.  I just need something to base it all on.  HELP.
>
> Thank You (in advance)
> Jeremy Seeley
> jseeley@qwest.net

That is very spooky - I'm working on something very similar (GURPS
campaign, using _very_heavily_modified_ spelljammer background - plus
other bits I'm nicking from all over the place - with FT for ship combat
if necessary).

If using 'standard' spelljammer designs - I'd use 1 FT MASS of hull = 1
spelljammer 'Ton' of hull, where IIRC 1 spelljammer 'ton' equalled 100
cubic feet.

Charles

--

Prev: Re: [FT] Proposal - Weapons Design System Concept Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust