Prev: [SG2] - More Terrain For Sale! Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 22:32:41 +0200
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

  K.H.Ranitzsch wrote:

> > > Balsa wood is about 8lbs per cubic foot.
> > or 0.128 tonnes / m3.
>I've found 0.16 t/m3 on website, which doesn't really change the
>conclusion.
>
> > The mass of the M1 bounding-box-cube (87.7 m3) is more
> > like 11 tonnes
> >
> > Does this mean that Oerjan might not be right for once ? < stunned >
> > Tony
>
>Perhaps Oerjan was thinking of normal wood (which has in densities in
>the range I assumed) ?

Yes, you're right. I had the densities of balsa and birch mixed up :-(

I'm a bit curious as to how Ryan got 70 metric tons to be 180,000 lbs
though. As I recall, 1 metric ton is 1000 kg and 1 kg is 2.2 lbs, so the

70-ton Abrams only masses about 155,000 lbs (must be the M1A2 SEP
version
though - the M1A1 is only 65 tons/145,000 lbs IIRC?).

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: [SG2] - More Terrain For Sale! Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust