Prev: Re: Kinetic Shields Next: GZG/WCCII Game

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:51:13 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

At 3:22 PM -0400 6/7/01, Randall L Joiner wrote:

>Tell ya what, I'll happily take 5% of my total tonnage for my
>airgroup if you give me
>fighters that are as effective against thier targets as the Nimitz
carries.

>FT fighters remind me of WWI aircraft.

They are, the big difference between FT and wet ships is that if you
provide a big hole in the side of a ship in water, it sinks. The hull
is typically still intact (thats why vessels can be reparied and
refloated). In space you have to pummel the ship to death. Now, if we
used core systems, things would be more realistic.

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: Kinetic Shields Next: GZG/WCCII Game