Prev: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters Next: Re: fireteams/squads and marine carriers

[rant] The Website thing...

From: Ryan Gill <ryan.gill@t...>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 14:19:10 -0400
Subject: [rant] The Website thing...

Ok, I've reached a slight level of frustration with identifying figs.
I've looked at all three of the Official GZG sites (Geo-Hex in the
US, the un-official 'official' GZG site in the UK and the Eureaka
site in Oz).

I'm working through a set of figs I ordered from KR in the US via my
local shop and I was a bit annoyed at the number of duplicates I got
in the command units. No commo troops. I did the best I could on the
ordering, and am mostly happy, but my requirement for additional
poses and types of figs led me to convert one sniper to a prone
sniper and one of the command troopers to having a set of binoculars
to his face vs playing with those silly sunglass (unless those are
meant to be BCGs, in which case I pray for the souls of the rest of
the platoon under the command of all those bespectacled command
section/squaddies). I also modified one of the GMS/P Troopers to be
prone, and one to be kneeling, and one of the Snipers into a Lance
corporal command figure with a standard battle rifle. 3 snipers all
standing seems sort of pointless, I really envision them all
crawling, prone or crouched.

Still the point of all this isn't the figures style, but the lack of
information about this. I can deal with not being able to pick them
off of the shelves like the Blasted GW figs, but I'd like to see what
I'm ordering.

The short of it is that since I couldn't get some of the figures that
are mentioned on the GZG-UK site, I ended up ordering another $100
worth (on top of the platoon and a half I received from GeoHex) of
stuff from Oz. Namely Ghurkas and some of the other named figs that I
couldn't pick and choose off the US site, commo troopers, etc.	Even
so, the Eureka site doesn't have all the figs, or even most of the
figures pictured.

Granted I know that it takes time to take pictures of all those figs,
but still... I'd love to see some pictures of what I'm ordering, be
it from the site directly or out of a Catalog and then handed off to
Kirk at my local store.

Prev: Re: [FT] JTLs Genre fighters Next: Re: fireteams/squads and marine carriers