Prev: High cost of Fighters was: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Fighter bay design (was: FT-Fighters and bays)

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: Chan Faunce <chanfaunce@t...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:16:04 -0700
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

This brings up something I've been playing with, specifically in a B5
setting where most weapons are able to fire on fighters as well as
ships. It comes out of trying to re-convert B5W to FT. Since most B5W
ships don't have a dedicated fighter defense weapon I was thinking of
allowing all pulse-type weapons to fire as PDS with 1 die and rolling as
normal PDS but subtracting the class of the weapon from the damage done.
This way if you really wanted to use class 4 weapons you could but would
have to roll a 6, reroll a 6, and then roll 4 or better to do any
damage.

Comments?

--
Channing C. Faunce

chanfaunce@NOSPAMHEREtoast.net
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/index.html

NEW projects
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/tidak.jpg
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/vadok1.jpg

It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is through the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
     that hands acquire shakes,
     that shakes become a warning.
It is caffeine alone that lets me roll the dice.

Prev: High cost of Fighters was: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Fighter bay design (was: FT-Fighters and bays)