Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: GZG Email? Next: Re: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question

Re: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question

From: mreindl@p...
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 18:20:59 -0700
Subject: Re: FT Fighters - Indicating Types Question

I've just used circular 25mm bases (i.e. GW slottabases)  and cut a
square out
of them for a small die to represent # of fighters.  Then I glue a
washer to
the bottom to weigh it down and prevent the die from slipping through.
Glue
one fighter to the base (I don't bother with wires because of the way
that I
store the fighter bases) and give it a colored stripe to allow me to
differentiate between types if necessary.  I also don't worry about CEF,
since
I tend to group my fighters together it's rather easy for me to remember
what
their endurance is, and if I'm having difficulty I simply mark it on the
"mothership" record sheet, although what usually happens is that the
fighters
are either killed off before their six turns are up, or there's nothing
left
for them to wax.  I used the colored bead approach for awhile, but it
just
became too cumbersome with large numbers of fighters, not to mention
that it
was a pain in the ass if someone accidentally caught one or more of the
wires
and knocked the bases over and the beads off.  I haven't had the problem
with
the new-type bases because of their low profile.

Mark

Roger Books wrote:

> (may be forged)) by scotch.csua.berkeley.edu (8.11.1/8.11.1) with
ESMTP id