Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Kinetic Shields

Re: Re: [Stargrunt]

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:19:39 EDT
Subject: Re: Re: [Stargrunt]

> From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com>
> Date: 2001/06/06 Wed PM 01:07:34 EDT
> 4 man squads is a bit small. Really rough when they take a casualty
too.

Actually, it's not all that rough. The morale system is too forgiving
for it to be too rough. Especially for veterans and squads with good
leaders. But, yes, it is nastier.

The problem is that 2 four man squads have twice as many actions as 1
eight man squad. If you put a suppression marker on an 8 man squad, it
has one action left after clearing the marker. You put a suppression
marker on one half of a 4 man squad (the chance of doing casualties or
suppressing a unit has no bearing on its size) and you still have a
total of 3 actions left for those 8 guys.

> Obviously if you want the MGs to shoot at separate targets then the
> squad can't fire. But if you want them to all hose down the same
> Eurie squad, then I know thats one action (GMS/P excepted).

You can have the MGs fire at separate targets, though. If you want the
MGs to fire at one target, the rest of the squad can fire at another
target. Or, you could have half the squad and one SAW fire at one
target, and the other half and the other SAW fire at a second target.

Of course, if you want the MGs to fire at one target each, and the rest
of the squad to fire at a third target, you can only do that by
detaching the MGs into a detached element. They would get two actions
(and, thus, could fire at two different targets) and the remaining
action could be used to fire the rest of the squad.

> Hmm, thanks...

No problem! Glad I could help!

Allan Goodall	  awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Kinetic Shields