Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Re: [Stargrunt]

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:17:34 -0400
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

At 11:26 AM -0700 6/6/01, David Griffin wrote:

>Ah yes, the Delta Fryer. Well, if we look at
>data from the Last Unicorn game (the only one
>who was in the position of trying to spec out
>voyager stuff) I'd say they would have some
>low power phasers and microtorpedoes. Anyway,
>the Flyer also seems like at least a corvette
>sized ship. Seems to have roughly the capability

Geeze, what do you consider a Corvette? The delta flyer fits in the
shuttle bay of the Voyager, ostensibly a small vessel in and of
itself. Corvettes are small destroyers and vessels in their own
right...

>of a Danube class runabout on a slightly smaller
>spaceframe (but not much smaller). It is, in
>short a BIG shuttle.
>
>Voyager isn't the biggest ship in the world,
>so I doubt it can handle too many of these
>little ships. Of course Voyager seemed to have
>an endless supply of destroyable shuttlecraft
>so perhaps reality doesn't play a big part
>in their shuttlebay floorspace.

Its that Star Trek axiom of, 'destroy all you want, we'll replicate
more...'

- Ryan Montieth Gill		 ----------	      SW1025 H -
-   Internet Technologies  --  Data Center Manager (3N &10S)   -
- ryan.gill@turner.com			 rmgill@mindspring.com -
-		   www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       -
- C&R-FFL -	  The gunshow loophole isn't		 - NRA -
-	     keep federal laws out of private lives	       -

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: Re: [Stargrunt]