Prev: Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

Re: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:59:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

--- Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com> wrote:
> David Griffin wrote:
>

> Read the section on Phalon multi-layered shells in
> FB2. They are exactly
> that - armour which is able to prevent P-torps,
> missiles, K-guns etc. from
> damaging the hull boxes before all armour is gone.
>
> Of course, against the big K-guns you need very many
> shell layers to stop
> the damage, but OTOH the big K-guns cost lots for
> relatively little damage :-/

I'll say. Only 1 point is stopped per armor layer
per weapon. You'd need a LOT of layers. I'm not
sure this is very practical. I don't think you
can afford enough layers. It would look interesting
to have 1 armor box in 20 layers though ;)

Prev: Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust