Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)

Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:58:35 EDT
Subject: Re: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

> From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>
> Date: 2001/06/06 Wed PM 12:01:27 EDT

> Doesn't this make for small ships in the
> Tuffleyverse relative to some other genre
> universes?

Yep, that's been discussed. They are a bit small.

> How much does a big carrier like the Nimitz
> or a battleship like the New Jersey or the
> Yamato weigh?

Turn of the century battleships, like the Japanese battleship
Shikishima, displaced 15,000 tons. That would be a small battleship by
World War II standards. I seem to remember the larger carriers today in
the 50,000 ton class, but you get the idea. A turn of the century
battleship is about 150 mass points.

Allan Goodall	  awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [FT] Real Shields (or better armor)