Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays

Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@y...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:26:55 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays

--- Jaime Tiampo <fugu@spikyfishthing.com> wrote:
> I don't know, those shuttles they have on voyager
> seem to do pretty damn
> well against lasrge ships, including voyager on
> occation.

Ah yes, the Delta Fryer. Well, if we look at
data from the Last Unicorn game (the only one
who was in the position of trying to spec out
voyager stuff) I'd say they would have some
low power phasers and microtorpedoes. Anyway,
the Flyer also seems like at least a corvette
sized ship. Seems to have roughly the capability
of a Danube class runabout on a slightly smaller
spaceframe (but not much smaller). It is, in
short a BIG shuttle.

Voyager isn't the biggest ship in the world,
so I doubt it can handle too many of these
little ships. Of course Voyager seemed to have
an endless supply of destroyable shuttlecraft
so perhaps reality doesn't play a big part
in their shuttlebay floorspace.

If you make them large enough, you can put
large enough weapons to worry a starship. You
probably can't carry too many though. Actually
we saw a lot more of this sort of thing with the
runabout. With both the Danube and the Flyer
though, it seems to me they tended to lose
arguments with all the smallest of opposition
ships.

Prev: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust Next: RE: FT-Fighters and launch bays