Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [Stargrunt]

Re: fighter bases

From: Ryan Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 12:56:23 -0400
Subject: Re: fighter bases

At 1:24 AM -0400 6/6/01, Thomas Barclay wrote:
>Hi-ho Listites!
>
>Someone (who is what I'm trying to find out)
>makes a fighter base that is about 1 cm x 1 cm
>lead, about a mm or two thick, and has a
>raised lip around the edge. This makes an ideal
>resting space for a dice. A friend has some, but
>he bought them at a con and doesn't know who
>makes them. He mounts fighters by drilling a
>pin up through them and mounting a single
>fighter to the pin. Looks good, makes a lot of
>fighter groups for minimal cost.

I made mine. I just took some clay, a bit of plastic sheeting and a
plastic stick. Build up a lip around the clay for the die to sit in.
Once the clay (or spackle in this case dried) I coated it in super
glue to create a good deep hold and then cut a slot for the stick to
hold to. The stick was effectively spare sprue and since I cut it
flat, it has lots of surface area for the fighter to glue to. The
sides of the clay "embankment" are angled for looks and to provide a
place for the group's number to go on.

--
- Ryan Montieth Gill		DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com  I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -

Prev: Re: FT-Fighters and launch bays Next: Re: [Stargrunt]