Prev: RE: Re: fighter bases Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

From: steve@p...
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:56:18 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust

On 6 Jun 2001, at 11:02, Allan Goodall wrote:

> > From: David Griffin <carbon_dragon@yahoo.com>
> > Date: 2001/06/06 Wed AM 10:34:45 EDT
>
> > Do we know how heavy a mass 225 spaceship is in
> > Full Thrust and how far 48MU's is as far as
> > weapon range? I think they're deliberately vague
> > so they can simulate a variety of genres, but
> > I'm talking about within Tuffley's FT universe.
>
> The calculated scale for FT in the Tuffleyverse is 1000 km per MU, and
> 15 to 20 minutes per turn.

These were calculated, by myself and others, from the planets/orbits
rules in MT. If an Earth size planet has a radius of 6" then the
distance scale is known. And from the orbit rules and basic phyiscs
the length of one turn was calculated.

But MT also contains alternative rules where one edge of the table
represents the edge of a planet's atmosphere. There's no way of
knowing what the scales are when using those rules.

> I have seen references to 1 mass = 100 tons, but I'm not positive
> about that.

Isn't that in FB1? As a suggestion only for GZGverse ships.

	Steve

--
The Ground Zero Games Meta-FAQ is available at
http://steve.pugh.net/grunt/meta-faq.txt

Steve Pugh   <steve@pugh.net>	<http://steve.pugh.net/>

Prev: RE: Re: fighter bases Next: Re: [FT] Scale in Full Thrust